Thursday, March 12, 2020
On March 31, 2020, the Premier’s Office announced an extension to the provincial school closure period in response to COVID-19. As such, Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) schools, child care centres and adult learning centres will not reopen on April 6, 2020, as originally scheduled. The Premier’s Office has stated that all publicly funded schools in Ontario will remain closed until May 4, 2020, at which time they will reassess school openings.
The following programs/meetings will not run or are closed:
- Permits (Community Use of Schools)
- All EarlyON and Child Care Centres
- Adult and continuing education
- Dual Credit and Cooperative education programs
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (March 30, 2020)
- First Nations Education Advisory Committee (April 2, 2020)
- Special Education Advisory Committee (April 6, 2020)
- Program Standing Committee Meeting (April 8, 2020)
- Human Resources Standing Committee Meeting (April 8, 2020)
- Business and Facilities Standing Committee Meeting (April 8, 2020)
- Parent Involvement Committee (April 21, 2020)
In addition, the Education Centre and the Career Centre are closed to the public.