Announcements - Thursday, October 12, 2017
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Our University/College presentations continue in Guidance. Today Nippissing University is here at 1:15 and tomorrow Lakehead University will be presenting at 10:55. Remember, attendance will be taken and you will not be marked absent from your class. See you there!
- If anyone is interested in hearing about the next trip to Europe in 2019 to be part of the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. We will meet in room 317 at lunch on Thursday. Destinations include Rome, Italy, Normandy France, Vimy Ridge, Brugge, Belgium and Amsterdam, Holland.
- Anyone interested in playing on the Nantyr Shores curling team is asked to attend a brief meeting with Ms Boake at lunch on Friday in Portable 3. That is: there is a curling meeting for anyone interested on Friday at lunch in the portable closest to the field.
- Do you think that you are funny? Are you able to think quickly on your feet? Have you ever been told that you have a knack for solving problems? Can you work well as a team player? Have you ever watched Whose Line is it anyway? and thought, huh...I can totally do that! Then come on out to the Improv Team tryouts TODAY AT LUNCH in room 244 and get ready to say YES AND!
- Student cards are in an on sale in the main hall today at lunch for $10! Come and get them!
- All those with permission forms for the Enviroventure Info day on Tuesday the 17th are asked to bring their forms back ASAP to Mr. Gaynik in room 240. Final numbers are needed so please bring your forms either immediately or at lunch today in 240. Thanks!
- Are you interested in the environment? Did you know that Nantyr is one of the longest running Ontario EcoSchools in the province? Come on out to see what ECOS is all about today starting at 11:15 in room 218. See you there!
- Congratulations to the girls flag football team for their awesome win against Bear Creek last night. Way to go!!!
- Due to parent's night tonight, recycling will be done this morning. Please send your students down with the recycling after the announcements.